If you've come from /r/jailbreak, please reconsider your choice of jailbreaking community.
So, we've all seen the new, fancy iOS 14 stuff. App Drawer, various stuff that tweaks did better first, et cetera. But the thing I care about the most are the new emojis (🏳️⚧️🏳️⚧️ If you have the new emoji available, that will appear as a trans flag! 🥳).
But it is entirely possible to get new emojis on older iOS!
- A jailbroken iOS device (duh!)
- A way to view the actual file system — Filza or knowledge on how to use SSH.
The actual steps.
- You'll need to add PoomSmart's repo to your package manager of choice. Just add https://poomsmart.github.io/repo to your repos.
- Install the following tweaks from PoomSmart's repo: EmojiPort, EmojiAttributes, EmojiLibrary, and EmojiFontManager. Respring after installing them.
- Download the iOS 14
- Create a new folder in
/Library/Themes/EmojiFontManager. The name must end with
.font, such as
- Copy the
[email protected]you downloaded into this new folder.
- Open up settings, find the "EmojiFontManager" preference panel, and select the option named after your new folder. If there is none, you did the previous steps wrong.
- Respring and enjoy iOS 14 emojis! 🏳️⚧️
EDIT: A funny little unrelated side note, I noticed that the trans flag emoji appears for me on desktop with Firefox but not Chromium. Weird.
EDIT 2: I've noticed that the new emojis don't work in Safari/other iOS browsers, but they do in other apps.
EDIT 3: I fixed the link.
EDIT 4: Re-fixed link.